Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Waitz Night

I told you all the other day that I had been instructed to have a nice dress picked out for Wednesday night. Then I was told that we won't be staying at home on Wednesday night and this is why:

I was at the hairdressers (nasty child cut it way too short, again) and Steffen came and said he had everything packed and I really had no clue where we were going. Even though he thought he had everything packed we still had to rush home to get the camera and a few other things. Next I found myself on some tiny road in the forest on the back of Scoot still having no idea. Then we finally came into some familiar territory and we were heading towards The Waitz hotel (pronounced vights) where Steffen works. I really didn't think we'd be going to the hotel because why would Steffen go there on a day off? However I was wrong. We parked at the hotel and Steffen told me that every apprentice has the opportunity to experience one night at the hotel. I really didn't know how to take it. At first in the reception it was really weird and the thought that people I knew would be serving me as a customer was weirder. We were handed our key and went up to our room. I had seen some rooms before so I had a particular one I was hoping for and, we got it! I was so excited to have the two storey room. It's so cool and of course Steffen had organised to have a bottle of Moet already chilled and waiting for us.


Our room in the morning so of course it looked nicer.

After settling in and discovering the room we went down to the wellness which I call the 'well'. It was fun going through reception wearing the white dressing gowns and the room was fun too, we used the sauna mainly and I got to use my new swimmers.

After that we got ready for dinner and we decided to really dress up. Regretfully I never got a picture of us which is really really annoying. Steffen wore a suit and I wore a short black dress, stockings with a seam up the back and my black heels. Very sexy as I was told ; ) It was so nice at the restaurant because two of the employee girls came up to me and said how nice I looked in English which meant so much to me. The food was really good too including the little fancy one fish stick and about 8 chips piled up joke from the kitchen. After all the food, five courses in total, we went to Steffs Lounge and the drinks just kept coming. It was good to see some people again and I achieved a full German conversation with an old man. I'm sure it went for over an hour. So weird, we talked about everything from travel to gospel. He really loved gospel music. At about 2 or something we headed back upstairs and just crashed.

Annoyingly this morning I woke up at 7 fully awake. Now why doesn't that happen on work days? It was so nice to wake up on beautiful white sheets. Unlike here at home. Poor Steffen woke up sick because of the air con at his exam yesterday. At breakfast we tried pretty much everything getting up and down, up and down filling our plates. We don't have much food here at home because we didn't do the shopping and its Fathers Day here in Germany making today a public holiday so it was a good idea to fill up. Soon after we checked out and are back at home. The night was so great and a total surprise and of course things are always best when they are free.
http://www.hotel-waitz.de/

No comments:

Post a Comment