Saturday, May 29, 2010

Phase 2

Phase 2 of my gap year is approaching with an unbelievable amount of speed and let me tell you, I could not be more excited. The strangest of things is that the destination I am the most excited for right now is.... Turkey !? Turkey of all countries in my 'local area' is not one I had plans on visiting. Never in my life had I even wanted to go to Turkey. Ok, maybe for a Gallilpoli pilgrimage one day but then get out of there you know. The Turkish people in Offenbach are slightly annoying too so that made me even more against Turkey. To top it of the only two places in that country I know are Istanbul and Gallipoli.

So, why am I going there and why am I excited?
Well, Michelle, my cousin/ backpack buddy really wanted to go. I skimmed over the tour and decided okay, why not. Time passed and last week we spent from 2pm till 9:30pm booking and planning our backpacking trip. It's going to be full on! Anyway The other day at work I had a free hour so I decided to look at some of these Turkey places on flickr, since I had no idea where or what they were. I still don't, but at least I know what they look like. In the first 5 minutes I was hooked. Turkey is like Greece but more eastern. It is unbelievably beautiful, I just cannot wait. Much of the tour is on the coast so we go to the beach alot and kayak over sunken cities. I didn't even know of such things! And I'm sure the mud bath included will be great after our giant tomato fight in Spain.

Besides Turkey we're going to (in order): Amsterdam, Ireland (Belfast, Dublin, Giant's Causeway), Barcelona, Valencia, Bunol, Turkey tour ( http://www.traveltalktours.co.uk/traveltalk_turkey_td1.htm), Greek Island tour ( http://www.traveltalktours.co.uk/traveltalk_greece_gs.htm), Athens and then possibly Prague. So to give you all a little sneak preview of some of my destinations I've found some clips on youtube.
beforehand.







This one's just funny,



And I should maybe get myself some of this stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment