Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Heating Up

My reason for not blogging for a fair few days is simply that the weather here has just been too good to be inside for a long time. We've been rolling around in the mid to high 20's and it doesn't get completely dark till 10pm. So most days I've been on my bike riding to Frankfurt or up the river in Offenbach. I love how here you can go out on any random sunny day and see something out of the ordinary. Like the other day I was riding along in the park and there was an orchestra in the gazebo. It was so Grandma. Nevertheless I sat down in the sun with my bike and made a good ol' daisy chain while listening.


The day Before Steffen and I had pizza down by the river in Frankfurt again. A few days after that I even got a sunburn from lying in the park for an hour. Marco Steffen and I rode our bikes and razor scooter to the park which is on the way to Frankfurt to play some football which was really fun. Steffen made friends with this powder puff dog which wouldn't stop barking at him while following him.
This is a Bierbike they peddle and give you beer.
From where I ride my bike into Frankfurt along the Main



And this is the two weird boys I hang out with...
Most recently though Lucy, Marco, Steffen and I met up and went to the 'Beach Club' which at first was really weird. It's an area between to ways of water that is built up and is fully sand with sun beds, large beach cushions, deck chairs plus bars with lounge areas and so on. We played beach volleyball and football and just laid in the sun which was perfect. However afterwards the 'sand', if you could call it that, had made my feet completely black. I really can't remember the last time I had such black feet. Felt so dirty. After we went to the Eis Cafe and got large ice creams then came home and Steffen and I watched 500 days of Summer. Besides having to work the morning it was a great day.

Now everything is rainy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment