Friday, May 14, 2010

3 parties 1 night

Last night was so fun. I partied with the most everyday people to the rich peeps of Frankfurt all in one night. Here's how it goes. Steffen and I slept for the most part of Thursday and watched Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen between snoozes. At about 8 we decided it was time to get going so we packed all our warm clothes for the cold scoot drive (I wear my slippers on scoot at night). We began at macca's for dinner then drove back out to Lämmerspiel near the Waitz for the first little get together. In a tiny almost run down apartment we met up with 3 other workers at the Waitz, Jenny, Vans and Katrin. As well as 3 French guys, I forget their names though. Conversation was crazy, there was German, French and English been thrown around, poor Steffen was the worst hit as he was the only one that understood all 3.

A bit after 10 we left and drove to Frankfurt to the Dreikönigskeller (Three Kings Cellar). It was a tiny tiny room underground, Steffi from work had invited me so I think we really made her night by going, she was so happy. She also say's that I am disgustingly young. The crowd ranged from 18 to 50 something with most being 35ish I think and let me tell you, these guys really got into it! The band, Hot Wire, was really good. They played everything from Johnny Cash to Red Hot Chili Peppers. Marco joined us too and overall it was an interesting experience and a whole new scene but I'm glad we went.

Once the band finished we had the intentions of going home as Steffen is sick with the flu (which I know have as well, thanks darling). This didn't happen though. We ended up walking through Frankfurt across the bridges in the freezing cold pushing scoot to end up at Roomers. Roomers is a fancy dancy Design Hotel and bar which has a little party every month. Marco's dad Chino was there as he is the wine supplier so we were asked to join. We really looked 'off the street' compared to some of the crowd but who cares when the drinks are fantastic as well as the awesome decor. There was something about their almonds too because they were the best I'd ever had. We only spent a short time at Roomers though and on the way home we ended where we had started. Steffen and I walked through the Macca's drive-thru for our Magnum Mcflurry's while making car noises then off to bed it was.

Overall it was a great, extremely tiring night and today we both woke up around 12 sicker than before but it's alll ok, the 5 day weekend goes on.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing night...
    JOHNNY CASH!!! YEWWWW good stuff!!!
    I Hope u dance like a plane in my honor. lol

    ReplyDelete