Friday, April 16, 2010

Work.

from Weheartit.

As mentioned
in an earlier post, I'm currently spending my days as an assistant English teacher at a school for children that have been kicked out of every other school or have another reason not to go to another school. I thought I would jot down some facts about my German work life instead of boring paragraphs.
  • There's about 70 kids aged 12 to 20. About 5 are girls. There's 3 dogs as well, those students can't part from them.
  • The school is the only one of its kind in Germany and has a sister school in Melbourne.
  • Many students are... 'feral' is the polite word to use here. Believe me.
  • There are a couple students that actually scare me a little.
  • The students are very interested in my personal life. One said he was going to kill Steffen and another asked me at what age did I learn about the birds and the bee's.
  • Some days I go home super happy that I taught something and laughed and had fun with the students. Other day's I just never want to return due to frustration.
  • To the students I'm more of a friend than a teacher which makes it more fun. Though they are wild they are really great interesting people (most) and they are always wanting to talk.
  • It is extremely awkward to turn up to the same party as one of your students and being introduced to everyone as the Australian English teacher. This student was older than me too.
  • I tutor one student who is separated from the rest. Normally these lessons go pretty well. Sometimes I just end it early due to the students unbelievable unwillingness to work or do anything for that matter.
  • Some English teachers in the world are pretty cool, like the one's at this school. I love them!
  • Macbeth can actually be incredibly funny. These students have a knack for getting into character.
  • And lastly, it is so much more easier to wake up in the morning and go to school when you're being paid a generous amount for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment