Thursday, April 15, 2010

10 Stories Up



Although in these pictures it looks quite ordinary, it is pretty spooky 10 sets of stairs up this apartment. Sadly my camera just doesn't capture it. I also was hoping there wouldn't be any clothes up there but anyway. You know when you walk into a room or a place and it just gives you that haunted feeling, or that someone is watching you? This room has that feel. Since the first time I went up here I was freaked out. I even asked Steffen if this is where the Jews hid but he said no. I'm not convinced. There is an eery feel up in this room that has seen it's way through two World Wars. The stairs, as you can see, are just an OHS disaster. Much like the ones going up to the year six classrooms at St Joey's on the oval side... Carrying a basket full of wet clothes up these tiny curvy stairs is no fun and going down isn't much better. As soon as I get eye level with the floor I always have to do a quick scan of the room, including behind me, it's the perfect position for murder from the behind. So for these reasons I avoid going up as much as possible and also because the key is a joke. Sorry but I was not born around the time these keys were in fashion therefore I have a lot of difficulty. And that's the attic for you.

1 comment:

  1. Whooooa that does look pretty creep! And the stairs are crazy... i would fall for sure.

    ReplyDelete