Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ladurée


Louis-Ernest Ladurée, his name is so French, is one of my favourite dead people. I think he's my favourite French man (Marie Antoinette and Brigette Bardot tie first with Edith Piaf coming a close second and if Madeline were real she'd be up there too with my favourite French Madames.) This man created Ladurée, a cafe and tearoom. These Cafes can be found in London and a few places in France with the most popular being right in the heart of Paris on Champs Elysees. They are famous for their delicious, airy, light, crumbly macarons, of which they make about 15,000 of a day. It is hard to explain these things so when you go to Paris one day buy one and discover it all for yourself. I decided o getting the mint green box with the silver pattern and writing which matches my green Ladurée bag. These two items I will keep forever. As for the macarons I brought; chocolate, praline, vanilla, raspberry, caramel and pistachio. Favourite being Praline.

The other works of arts they call cakes and sweets are just beyond words. The inside of Ladurée gives you the feel that you shouldn't take photo's so I don't really have any. On one side is the cafe and on the other is the tearoom. We arrived at breakfast time and one must agree with Steffen when he says that the croissants here looked untouchable. That side, the right side, was fancy let me tell you. While walking towards one of Paris' many bridges we spotted the Ladurée truck which is the same colour as my bag and box. It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment