Tuesday, June 22, 2010

LDN

I have roughly 31 hours left here in Germany. I can't believe the months living here full time are finished. And as it would be, it's completely sunny outside for the first time in ages. It's warmer in London though, I checked. I really can't express how happy I am to be going to a country that speaks English. The people I walk past will be speaking English and that they will have a British accent is just a billion extra brownie points! It's hard to explain what it's like to be in country that doesn't speak your language all the time. When speaking English you normally speak before thinking for another language it's like think... think some more, then speak. Of course I'm excited to see Mum again. However the thing I'm most excited for is seeing the Harry Potter sites! I mean c'mon, how often do you get a chance to sit in The Great Hall or see platform 9 3/4?

So these are the places we're visiting: London, Cambridge, York, Edinburgh, Lancaster, Stratford upon Avon (Shakespeare's hood), Bath, Rome, Florence, Pisa, Venice and then Paris. For all of the UK we're hiring a car and driving around ourselves so we'll see all the places in between which will be great. Anywho, just a short post today, I'm off to figure what I need to take. See you in England!

No comments:

Post a Comment