Thursday, June 17, 2010

Graduation.

Yesterday Steffen graduated and is no longer an apprentice at Hotel Waitz. And of course there is a good story to go with it all. I arrived home from work at 1 to find Marco and Steffen cooking this huge meal and already into the wine. A few minutes later our friend Chantelle "Chucky the killer puppy" walked in with all her Honduras gear on including a flag and was going to watch the Honduras vs Chile game. So here we were, a German supporter, an Italian supporter, a Honduras supporter and an Australian supporter all eating this huge meal around the tv with an electrician working on the side. We tried to get him have some champagne with us but no.

After lunch we were just sitting around watching the game and Steffen wouldn't stop with his Vuvuzela, finally found out the name to those things. So I broke it into its 3 parts and one by one through them out the window. Needless to say Steffen ran straight out to save his vuvuzela and only 2 parts could be found in the garden. It was so funny to see him searching for the last piece and we still haven't found it.

I brought him back inside after taking some photos from the window and we started to get ready for the graduation. Marco had to go to work then as well and Chantelle went home to get ready as well. It was a huge rush as we had about 45 minutes to prepare before the bus came. Steffen got my make-up all on his new Hugo Boss suit somehow and Chantelle and I were running around trying to figure out how to fit our heels into my bag so we could wear flats on way. Everything was a bit crazy but we did make the bus and train without a problem.
We finally made it to the venue after walking for what felt like ages. My dress wasn't entirely walker friendly. After standing outside for awhile waiting for more friends to come we went inside and the ceremony began. It was so boring. Steffen said he couldn't put up with the rubbish the teachers were talking so he went to the toilet. And here's where the typical graduation mistake happens. When Steffen was gone his name was called out along with about 14 other peoples. After all the names were called the students then went up onto the stage to receive their certificates. Well, Steffen still wasn't there was he. No way was I going to let him miss out on this time, especially since I dealt with him complaining about the school once every month when he had to go. So after our friend Jenny called and received no answer I got up and walked really quickly between the back section of seats and the front section. Tap tap tap tap bang. I fell onto my butt and right side extremely loudly and the hall went silent. I called a little es ist ok and tap tap taped on. Steffen, of course, was just walking slowly up the stairs from the toilets. I was so angry at this point. I said "You just graduated!" and he ran inside in time and I walked semi composed in front of everyone I just fell in front it. As soon as I had taken the photos I realised how much I actually hurt myself. I have a huge bruise on my right arm and knee which still hurt a day later.
Steffen came back to his seat and wasn't impressed that the mark in the certificate book wasn't the same as on the Internet. "This is what I got" and said to me showing the book and I just glared at him, raised my arm so he could see and said "This is what 'I' got!" and explained the situation. We decided to leave the hall soon after and began getting into the champagne provided. The girls and I had a great time outside, they all got a bit drunk, so funny, while Steffen talked to all his friends. This went on for a few hours and eventually we called Steffen's brother, Björn, to take us home.
Jenny and I
The girls
Chantelle and I, (and Vanessa).
Steffen, Marika, Robert and Alex. Other graduates from the Waitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment