Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Edinburgh & Libby Sinclair

Edinburgh is really beautiful. I truly loved it there, not to mention our apartment was awesome as. One of the first things I noticed about Edinburgh was the amount of seagulls. Strange but true. They were everywhere and they were huge and they'd look at you like they could kill. Besides the seagulls everything was nice and sunny. We checked out the castle first which was nothing like how I thought it would be. It turned out to be more of a little village up there than one big castle. The views from up there were gorgeous though.


After a few hours we handed back our audio guides and hopped on and sightseeing tour bus. The Old Town of Edinburgh was gorgeous and all the stories were great too. At one part of the day we climbed to the very top of this building and the stair got so narrow I could barely fit but here's a movie from the top of Edinburgh.



We visited a palace which is the Queens residence in July I think it was. After we got back on the hop on hop off bus and went around the New Town and were surprised to see how many private parks Edinburgh had. As in, you had to pay a fair bit of money to be able to use these parks. Its a park people! After lunch I finally found my goal purchase of Edinburgh. My Highland Cow beanie. I had seen Libby's and was desperate to get my own so I brought two one for me and Steffen. Later in the day we went up a hill for some nice shots of the city and with the beanie. He he.
While out for dinner there was finally success with reaching Libby (well she called us) which we had been attempting all day. I would call and she wouldn't have her phone on and the number I gave her didn't include the German code. We ran back to the apartment to get some things then got on a bus to meet her downtown.
Sadly, even though I had my camera, we got no photo's. From the moment I found her hiding behind a bin till the end it was nonstop talk about everything. We went to a bar and ordered nothing. I think they were a bit annoyed but anyway we all had a great time and it was good that we could catch up in the end after my mistake with dates.

1 comment:

  1. hehehhe good blogs monie!!!
    Looks so good (except the Libby bit - she smells hehe)

    Good work!!!

    ReplyDelete