Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Offenbach..

Offenbach is where I live with Herr Steffen Kunze in a matchbox size apartment which I've grown to love (though I think it doubles in size when I'm cleaning!). From the green lounge I can see planes coming in to land at frankfurt airport. If you asked anyone in Offenbach about the city they would say it's crap, boring and horrible. Which I suppose if you've lived here for a number years it would be. Offenbach to me though is an easy city to navigate, close to Frankfurt, has all the shopping you need, has great parks and a cool palace. Not that I'm bias, but it is the best one I've seen so far. The Main river also goes through Offenbach which is great for walks, bike rides etc. Offenbach also has tree lined streets and lots of squirrels which I think is really cool.

The place does have its downsides though. For example, Steffen is the only real German in the group of friends we have that live in Offenbach. Patricia is too but she lives in Bavaria. For some reason this seems to be the Turkish or just plain Eastern European immigrant central of Germany. I don't like them very much as they tend to get in the road alot and they know they are doing it. My students all asked me in the beginning; WHY Offenbach!! All I could answer was that I had some friends here. Which is true, otherwise I'd probably give this town the skip.
However this is where I am and I really do have a soft spot for this second home. Here's just a few pics of the Büsing Palace(the first one), the park and ducks which Marco says are stupid because they live in Offenbach. There will be more pictures of Offenbach later these are just some early shots. And keep in mind I'll only show nice pictures of Offenbach ;) obviously.






No comments:

Post a Comment