Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Frankfurt

Frankfurt isn't near as cool as Berlin, or as big. It does have some things going for it though and the warmer it gets the better Frankfurt gets. Frankfurt is about 10-15minutes scooter drive away from the older-than-my-countries-government-apartment. My first Frankfurter experience was on my first day here in Germany. Steffen and I went there on Scoot and it was about -10°C.. never again. This trip was for the Christmas markets which I ended up going to about 3 or 4 times. First impressions were that it was simply nice, I fell in love with going over the river on the bridges (it felt very European), and incredible old buildings. However this bland bank boriness was felt. The Christmas markets were fun with alot going on. My heiß schokolade went from hot to cold in a matter of minutes which was a bit of a worry. Hence for all of winter I wasn't a Frankfurt fan.

Frankfurt today is a better place. Now Steffen and I go there for walks along the river at night, chase rabbits in the city park, shop shop shop, look at amazing furniture/decor stores where the stock is a few euros too much for us but its all fun anyway. The city also has some very nice resturants and bars. Soon we'll start having dinners along the river on the grass with the many other Frankfurters which I'm very excited for. And I still
love going over those bridges..






2 comments:

  1. Wow that city scape shot is beautiful, Simone! Loving your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simone i cant stop, and i only started a few minutes ago, ill probs stay up all night reading this lol. and i love your pictures too theyre so good.

    ReplyDelete